Lord Fairfax Community College Workforce Solutions Professional Development and Continuing Education (LFCCWS) had another amazing year helping individuals and organizations start, enhance and/or change in workplace skills. Launching and expanding new programs into new markets as well as increasing credentials offered through programs like #FastForward, LFCCWS continues to be your local, reliable, and trusted partner for quality and relevant workforce training programs that meet the needs of employers and individuals in our community.
Below you will find LFCC Workforce Solutions’ final numbers for students and employers served as well as additional great highlights from the last year.
- 5,035 students served
- 941 employers served
- 1,023 credentials generated
- 660 in-person courses offered
- 61 on-site employer classes
- 682 FastForward WCG (Workforce Credential Grant) students
- Awarded $119,449 of FANTIC funds to 142 students
- Offered the 3rd annual Leadercast Women – Take Courage event
- Attended by 233 participants in 2 locations
- Held inaugural Leadership Excellence cohort program
- Attended by 7 participants representing 3 organizations.
- This program consisted of 32 instructional hours that explored advanced leadership topics from notable leaders and authors.
- Offered the 8th Leadership Institute – Middletown
- Completed by 27 Participants representing 14 Local Organizations
- Offered 4 free 30-minute webinars to support employers during the pandemic
- WSCE Received the 2019 LERN International Award for Excellence in Marketing
Together, We Can Be Community Partners
Learn how your organization can get involved. Click here to learn about our Corporate Sponsorship Programs.