ADVANCE YOUR CAREER. EARN A PAYCHECK WHILE YOU LEARN. DEVELOP YOUR WORKFORCE.
Registered apprenticeship is a state agreement between an employee and employer who needs a skilled worker and an individual (the apprentice) who wants to “earn while learning” a skilled occupation. If you are currently employed as a tradesman or skilled technician, talk to your employer today about the benefits of participating in the apprenticeship program. As part of the program, apprentices take trade specific classes to earn the necessary classroom hours required to complete the apprenticeship.
What is Apprenticeship?
- Registered apprenticeship is an agreement between an employer who needs a skilled worker and an individual (the apprentice) who wants to “earn while learning” a skilled occupation.
- Apprenticeship combines paid, on-the-job training with classroom instruction to prepare individuals for the jobs of the 21st century.
Benefits of Apprenticeship for the Student:
- Earn a paycheck while you learn (obtaining employment to compliment your apprenticeship coursework is the responsibility of the student)
- Receive high quality mentoring and education
- Earn a nationally recognized Certificate of Completion|
- Program completers are immediately qualified to sit for Journeyman License
- Program completers on average enjoy higher lifetime earnings
Benefits of Apprenticeship for the Employer/Sponsor:
- Sound return on your business investment. Example from an anonymous sponsor: for each dollar invested, private employers receive a benefit of $1.38 – a net return of 38%!
- Program is free to the employer
- Programs are flexible and can be customized to meet the needs of employers
- Homegrown employees are more productive and loyal
- Program is an additional recruitment tool
- Reduces your recruitment costs
Apprenticeship Classes Available at LFCC Workforce Solutions:
- Multi-Craft Technician (Industrial Maintenance)
- Small Engine Mechanic
- Combination Welder
- Electrical: Years 1-4
- HVAC: Years 1-4
- Plumbing: Years 1-4