Begin preparing today for an exciting, challenging and rewarding career as a Medical Assistant! Our program will train students to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical responsibilities of a medical office. Instruction includes preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine laboratory procedures, diagnostic testing, technical aspects of phlebotomy and the cardiac life cycle. Students will review important topics including phlebotomy, pharmacology, the proper use and administration of medications, taking and documenting vital signs, cardiology including proper lead placements, a professional workplace behavior, ethics and the legal aspects of healthcare.
Career Overview Medical Assistant (CCMA)
Medical Assistants complete administrative and clinical tasks in the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and other health practitioners. Their duties vary with the location, specialty, and size of the practice.
Job Duties may include:
- Taking patient vital signs and history;
- Disposing of contaminated supplies;
- Giving patient injections as directed by the physician;
- Sterilizing medical instruments;
- Administering and instructing patients about medication or special diets;
- Preparing patients for x-rays;
- Preparing blood for and performing laboratory tests;
- Removing stitches, drawing blood, and changing dressings;
- Electrocardiography; and
- Assisting physicians with patient exams and minor surgery.
- View local salary and job market information here >>>
Medical Assistant (CCMA) Program
This 160-hour fast-track career training program prepares the student to sit for the Medical Assistant (CCMA) national certification exam offered through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) using a variety of classroom and externship training experiences.
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – BLS
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
Need to Know Information
- Medical Assistant Full Program Student Handbook
- Medical Assistant Cert Prep Student Handbook
- Medical Assistant Program FAQs
- Financial assistance may be available for partial or full funding of the program costs depending on applicant qualifications and/or funding availability. Financing assistance is also an additional funding option through Sallie Mae or private lender. See our Funding Options
Medical Assisting Student Success
Watch a short video of Miriam Arriaga on the Medical Assistant Program.
With over 40 years of healthcare industry experience, learn from our experienced instructors through lecture and hands-on learning. 100% of the Spring 2018 Medical Assisting Graduates who attempted the national exam passed and earned their CCMA credential.
Download and Share Our CCMA Career Brochure
Medical Assistant Classes Registering Now – Learn More/Register