A Medical Assistant plays a key role in the healthcare industry today! Throughout this course, you will learn the administrative and clinical competencies needed to be successful in this field. Topics covered in this course will include clinical patient care, administrative assisting, anatomy, pharmacology, point-of-care testing, phlebotomy, and EKG placement through classroom lectures and labs.
However, due to the current situation, a portion of this course may use online components. Therefore, regular access to a computer/internet access is required. Externships are based upon site availability and student requirements; the current situation may impact this as well. Books, supplies, and exam are all included in this class. Upon successful completion of this program, students will be eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national exam. If you are looking to begin, or even enhance your medical career, this class will prepare you with the skills you need to play a vital role in the healthcare industry.
Career Overview Medical Assistant (CCMA)
Medical Assistants complete administrative and clinical tasks in the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and other health practitioners. Their duties vary with the location, specialty, and size of the practice.
Job Duties may include:
- Taking patient vital signs and history;
- Disposing of contaminated supplies;
- Giving patient injections as directed by the physician;
- Sterilizing medical instruments;
- Administering and instructing patients about medication or special diets;
- Preparing patients for x-rays;
- Preparing blood for and performing laboratory tests;
- Removing stitches, drawing blood, and changing dressings;
- Electrocardiography; and
- Assisting physicians with patient exams and minor surgery.
- View local salary and job market information here >>>
Medical Assistant (CCMA) Program
This 160-hour fast-track career training program prepares the student to sit for the Medical Assistant (CCMA) national certification exam offered through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) using a variety of classroom and externship training experiences.
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – BLS
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
Need to Know Information
- Medical Assistant Full Program Student Handbook
- Medical Assistant Cert Prep Student Handbook
- Medical Assistant Program FAQs
- Financial assistance may be available for partial or full funding of the program costs depending on applicant qualifications and/or funding availability. Financing assistance is also an additional funding option through Sallie Mae or private lender. See our Funding Options
Medical Assisting Student Success
Watch a short video of Miriam Arriaga on the Medical Assistant Program.
Download and Share Our CCMA Career Brochure
Medical Assistant Classes Registering Now – Learn More/Register