Begin preparing today for an exciting, challenging and rewarding career as a Medical Assistant! Our program will train students to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical responsibilities of a medical office. Instruction includes preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine laboratory procedures, diagnostic testing, technical aspects of phlebotomy and the cardiac life cycle. Students will review important topics including phlebotomy, pharmacology, the proper use and administration of medications, taking and documenting vital signs, cardiology including proper lead placements, a professional workplace behavior, ethics and the legal aspects of healthcare.
Career Overview Medical Assistant (CMA)
Clinical Medical Assistants complete administrative and clinical tasks in the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and other health practitioners. Their duties vary with the location, specialty, and size of the practice.
Job Duties may include:
- Taking patient vital signs and history;
- Disposing of contaminated supplies;
- Giving patient injections as directed by the physician;
- Sterilizing medical instruments;
- Administering and instructing patients about medication or special diets;
- Preparing patients for x-rays;
- Preparing blood for and performing laboratory tests;
- Removing stitches, drawing blood, and changing dressings;
- Electrocardiography; and
- Assisting physicians with patient exams and minor surgery.
- 2012 Median Wage: $14.12/Hour, $29,370 Annually
- 2010 Employment: 528,000 Employees
- 2010-2020 Projected Growth: 29% or Higher Growth
- 2010-2020 Job Openings: 243,000
- Top Employers: Health care and Social Assistance
Clinical Medical Assistant (CMA) Program
This 140 hour fast-track career training program prepares the student to sit for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national certification exam offered through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) using a variety of classroom and externship training experiences.
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuciation (CPR) – BLS
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Financial assistance may be available for partial or full funding of the program costs depending on applicant qualifications and/or funding availability. Financing assistance is also an additional funding options through Sallie Mae or private lender. See our Funding Options
Download and Share Our CMA Career Brochure
Clinical Medical Assistant Classes Registering Now – Learn More/Register
Hear from a recent graduate of the of the CMA Program in our Career Spotlight Blog Post.