What Can Grant Funding Do?
- Help adults who are unemployed enhance their ability to improve their employment status and annual earnings.
- Fund tuition and fees, textbooks and supplies for credit and non-credit community college programs of study (such as Clinical Medical Assistants (CMA), Pharmacy Technicians, Electrical Groundsman, Multi-Craft Technician, Small Engine Mechanic, HVAC, Plumbing, Welding, computer and technical training and certifications, as well as many other options).
Who Can Qualify?
- Adults who have been terminated, laid off, or received notification of a termination or layoff from their employer, AND are eligible for unemployment benefits.
- Adults who have received notice of or have been terminated or laid off due to a permanent closure of a plant or facility.
- Adults who have been self-employed but is currently unemployed as a result of a natural disaster or general economic conditions of the community.
- Homemakers who have been dependent on the income of another family member but is no longer supported by that income.
See how one other Virginia Community College is helping others with Grant Funding.