What Can Grant Funding Do?
- Help adults who are unemployed or underemployed enhance their ability to improve their employment status and annual earnings.
- Fund tuition and fees, textbooks and supplies for credit and non-credit community college programs of study (such as Medical Assistant (CMA), Pharmacy Technicians, HVAC Technician, CDL-A, HVAC, Plumbing, Welding, computer and technical training and certifications, as well as many other options).
Who Can Qualify?
- Adults who have been terminated, laid off, or received notification of a termination or layoff from their employer, AND are eligible for unemployment benefits.
- Adults who have received notice of or have been terminated or laid off due to a permanent closure of a plant or facility.
- Adults who have been self-employed but is currently unemployed as a result of a natural disaster or general economic conditions of the community.
- Homemakers who have been dependent on the income of another family member but is no longer supported by that income.
- Other circumstances will help with qualification.
For More Information on Funding Options, Call Candace Anderson at 540-869-0666.