Start Your Career
Healthcare is One of the Fastest Growing Industries
Start your journey today toward becoming a Certified Phlebotomy Technician! Benefits of completing the program include more job opportunities, an increased pay scale, and increased subject matter expertise. No medical background is necessary. This program is taught by an industry professional and qualifies you to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Phlebotomy Technician Exam.
Draw blood for tests, transfusions, donations, or research. May explain the procedure to patients and assist in the recovery of patients with adverse reactions.
Job Duties may include:
- Match laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes.
- Dispose of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies.
- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Dispose of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies.
- Draw blood from capillaries by dermal puncture, such as heel or finger stick methods.
2014 Median Wage – $14.74/Hour, $30,670 Annually
2012 Employment – 101,000 Employees
2012-2022 Projected Growth – 22% much faster than average.
2012-2022 Job Openings – 46,400
Top Employers – Healthcare and Social Assistance
Employment Outlook provided by www.onetonline.org.
Phlebotomy Technician Program
This 90 hour Phlebotomy Technician Program prepares professionals to collect blood specimens from clients for the purpose of laboratory analysis. Students will become familiar with all aspects related to blood collection and develop comprehensive skills to perform venipuncture’s completely and safely. Classroom and lab work includes terminology, anatomy and physiology; blood collection procedures; specimen hands-on practice; and training in skills and techniques to perform puncture methods. Note: Students who complete this program will have the opportunity to pursue the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Phlebotomy Technician Exam. There is no outside externship rotation included with this program.
- Certification earned after successfully passing the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Phlebotomy Technician Exam.
- Funding may be available for partial or full funding of the program costs.