Start Your Career
Healthcare is One of the Fastest Growing Industries
Start your journey today toward becoming a Certified Phlebotomy Technician! The benefits of completing the program include more job opportunities, an increased pay scale, and increased subject matter expertise. No medical background is necessary. This program is taught by an industry professional and qualifies you to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Phlebotomy (CPT) national exam.
Draw blood for tests, transfusions, donations, or research. May explain the procedure to patients and assist in the recovery of patients with adverse reactions.
Job Duties may include:
- Match laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes.
- Dispose of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies.
- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Dispose of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies.
- Draw blood from capillaries by dermal puncture, such as heel or finger stick methods.
View local salary and job market information here >>>
This 90-hour Phlebotomy Technician Program prepares professionals to collect blood specimens from clients for the purpose of laboratory analysis. Students will become familiar with all aspects related to blood collection and develop comprehensive skills to perform venipunctures completely and safely. Classroom and lab work includes terminology, anatomy and physiology; blood collection procedures; specimen hands-on practice; and training in skills and techniques to perform puncture methods. Note: Students who complete this program will have the opportunity to pursue the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Phlebotomy Technician Exam. There is no outside externship rotation included with this program.
Certification and Need to Know Information:
- Certification earned after successfully passing the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Phlebotomy Technician Exam.
- Phlebotomy Technician Student Handbook
- Phlebotomy Technician Program FAQs
What funding options are available?
The Phlebotomy Techncian Program is a FastForward program and is also eligible for the G3 scholarship. Eligible residents who have been living in Virginia for at least one year may qualify for FastForward and pay only one-third of the cost of tuition. Since this is also a G3 program, you may be eligible for last-dollar funding, bringing your total tuition to $0. Please review the G3 information page, which outlines income qualifications and if you think you qualify or if you have any questions, please contact our operations team at 540-868-7021 to get registered.
Additional financial assistance, grant funding, and Sallie Mae loans are available here for eligible students.