Start Your Career in Healthcare with Patient Service Representative (CMAA)
Healthcare is One of the Fastest Growing Industries
Start your journey today toward becoming a Patient Service Representative (PSR)! This program is taught by an industry professional and qualifies you to sit for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association. Benefits to obtaining the CMAA certification include more job opportunities, an increased pay scale and increased subject matter expertise. No medical background is necessary.
A Patient Service Representative helps to manage the healthcare office and perform tasks such as scheduling appointments, filing, billing patients, and database management. They are usually the first person to greet patients and can set the stage for a patient’s experience.
Job Duties may include:
- Processing patients through the registration process
- Maintaining quality patient and vendor customer service at all times
- Independently listening and making decisions to insure patients are entered into the computer system accurately
- Navigating and assessing information
- Completing insurance forms
- Maintaining electronic health records
- Operating office equipment
- 2013 Median Wage – $12.35-$15.40/Hour
- 2014 US Employment – 527,600 Employees
- 2024 US Employment – 635,800 Employees
- Percent Change -21% or Higher Growth
- Projected Annual Job Openings -16,380
Patience Service Representative Program Description
The Patient Service Representative Hybrid program consists of classroom instruction and an online Medical Terminology program. The classroom portion consists of 27 hours in the classroom. Medical Terminology is offered online simultaneously with the class. No medical background is necessary.
- Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible to sit for the Certified Medical Office Administrative Professional (CMAA) exam through the National Heathcareer Association (NHA).
- Students will have the opportunity to earn a Career Readiness Certificate (CRC).
- Hours/Cost dependent on participant’s prior experience and credentials and classes/examinations taken.
- Funding may be available for partial or full funding of the program costs.