Start Your Career in Healthcare with Patient Service Representative (CMAA)
Healthcare is One of the Fastest Growing Industries
If you’re a “people person,” and are interested in secure employment within the healthcare field, a career as a Medical Administrative Assistant may be just what you’re looking for! Working at the front desk of a medical office requires strong organizational skills, professionalism, and the ability to solve problems. Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to learn about office reception skills, general day-to-day operations, and effective communication techniques. You will also perform routine tasks in an electronic medical records (EMR) training system to better prepare you for today’s job market.
Upon course completion, you will be qualified to sit for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). Textbooks and exam fees are included in the cost of the course. This course will be offered through LIVE online sessions. Computer/internet access is required! Register today!
Prerequisite: Students must complete Medical Terminology before taking this class.
A Patient Service Representative helps to manage the healthcare office and perform tasks such as scheduling appointments, filing, billing patients, and database management. They are usually the first person to greet patients and can set the stage for a patient’s experience.
Job Duties may include:
- Processing patients through the registration process
- Maintaining quality patient and vendor customer service at all times
- Independently listening and making decisions to ensure patients are entered into the computer system accurately
- Navigating and assessing information
- Completing insurance forms
- Maintaining electronic health records
- Operating office equipment
View local salary and job market information here >>>
Patience Service Representative Program Video
- Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible to sit for the Certified Medical Office Administrative Professional (CMAA) exam through the National Heathcareer Association (NHA).
- Students will have the opportunity to earn a Career Readiness Certificate (CRC).
Need to Know Information
- Hours/Cost dependent on participant’s prior experience and credentials and classes/examinations taken.
What funding options are available?
The patient service representative program is a FastForward program and is also eligible for the G3 scholarship. Eligible residents who have been living in Virginia for at least one year may qualify for FastForward and pay only one-third of the cost of tuition. Since this is also a G3 program, you may be eligible for last-dollar funding, bringing your total tuition to $0. Please review the G3 information page, which outlines income qualifications and if you think you qualify or if you have any questions, please contact our operations team at 540-868-7021 to get registered.
Additional financial assistance, grant funding, and Sallie Mae loans are available here for eligible students.