Online Healthcare Training
About Our Courses
These courses are highly interactive and provide students with an enriched learning experience. Each course was developed to ensure that students gain the necessary skills to excel in a professional healthcare environment. Additionally, these programs include access to an online community with interactive content and robust student services. Each course includes:
- 24X7 instructor support and course mentoring
- Online healthcare content that supplements each course
- Student and instructor collaboration
- Engaging labs, student exercises, and course videos
- Additional labs and animated simulations
- Student pre and post assessments and online performance tracking
- National and state certification opportunities
- A secure Student Portal which includes: career guidance, resume writing and other career resources
- Other online tools that will enrich each student’s experience
Note: The student tuition amount below includes all textbooks, workbooks and related course material.
Online Course Offering
Medical Billing & Coding
This billing and coding course offers the skills needed to perform complex coding and billing procedures. The course covers: CPT (Introduction, Guidelines, Evaluation and Management), specialty fields (such as surgery, radiology and laboratory), ICD-9 (Introduction and Guidelines) and basic claims processes for insurance reimbursements.
Medical Coding ICD-10
Effective October 2014, the US healthcare system must move from ICD-9 to ICD-10 for service coding purposes. Program includes a detailed review of both ICD-10 (diagnostic coding) and ICD-10-PCS (inpatient procedural coding); differences between ICD-9 and ICD-10; federal regulation; hands on exercises and case studies; and much more!
Electronic Health Record Management
This program prepares students to understand and use electronic records in a medical practice. Course reviews the implementation and management of electronic health information using common electronic data interchange systems and maintaining the medical, legal, accreditation and regulatory requirements of the electronic health record.
This program is a guide to identifying and understanding the basic word structure, root words, suffixes, and prefixes. Provides instruction in the organization of the human body and the associated systems, medical abbreviations and symbols and common medical terms. A great introductory course for aspiring healthcare professionals!