Jobs in manufacturing are experiencing rapid advancements in technology sparking the rise of ‘smart’ connected work environments and the need for a highly-skilled workforce. Our mechatronics program can teach you the skills you need through hands-on learning, which will help you find a career as an electromechanical technician, production technician, or industrial maintenance technician, with excellent starting salaries.
This enhanced Mechatronics program at LFCC Workforce Solutions can teach the skills needed through hands-on learning, which will help students find a career as an electromechanical technician, production technician, or industrial maintenance technician, with excellent starting salaries.
Throughout the program students will learn to:
- Understand and implement safe operation and maintenance of machines and processes
- Troubleshoot and address common issues in electromechanical systems
- Perform routine maintenance activities
- Operate and maintain fluid power systems
- Perform basic robot programming and operation
- Identify and explain the components/functions of a PLC
- Understand and explain the basic concepts and terms of Industry 4.0 and how digitalization is impacting the industry, our daily lives, and cyber-security
Building Careers for Industry
This partnership with NC3 (National Coalition of Certification Centers) – the trusted certification accrediting body in the industry – allows students to earn this stackable credential and receive the following Level 1 Certifications:
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- Fundamentals of Fluid Power
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Systems
- Drive components and systems
- Fundamentals of PLC
- Fundamentals of Robotics
View local salary and job market information here >>>
What funding options are available?
The mechatronics program is a FastForward program and is also eligible for the G3 scholarship. Eligible residents who have been living in Virginia for at least one year may qualify for FastForward and pay only one-third of the cost of tuition. Since this is also a G3 program, you may be eligible for last-dollar funding, bringing your total tuition to $0. Please review the G3 information page, which outlines income qualifications and if you think you qualify or if you have any questions, please contact our operations team at 540-868-7021 to get registered.
Additional financial assistance, grant funding, and Sallie Mae loans are available here for eligible students.
Ready to train for mechatronics?
Click below to see mechatronics classes that are enrolling now.