Jobs in manufacturing are experiencing rapid advancements in technology sparking the rise of ‘smart’ connected work environments and the need for a highly-skilled workforce. To meet these demands of advanced manufacturing, technology companies need people who understand and are cable to maintain systems and machinery that are computer-controlled.
This enhanced Mechatronics program at LFCC Workforce Solutions can teach the skills needed through hands-on learning, which will help students find a career as an electromechanical technician, production technician or industrial maintenance technician, with excellent starting salaries.
Throughout the program students will learn to:
- Understand and implement safe operation and maintenance of machines and processes
- Troubleshoot and address common issues in electromechanical systems
- Perform routine maintenance activities
- Operate and maintain fluid power systems
- Perform basic robot programming and operation
- Identify and explain the components/functions of a PLC
- Understand and explain the basic concepts and terms of Industry 4.0 and how digitalization is impacting industry, our daily lives, and cyber-security
Building Careers for Industry
Fundamentals of ElectricityThis partnership with NC3 (National Coalition of Certification Centers) – the trusted certification accrediting body in the industry – allows students to earn this stackable credential and receive the following Level 1 Certifications:
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- Fundamentals of Fluid Power
- Mechanical Systems
Ready to train for mechatronics?