Start or Enhance Your Career in Heavy Construction
Become a heavy equipment operator and earn an NCCER industry-recognized credential! The Heavy Equipment Operator program has been developed to meet the growing employment demands for equipment operators. Start or enhance your career in the high-demand field of heavy construction.
- 2 month nationally recognized credential
- Evening and weekend training available
- Short fast-track training to quickly gain skills
- Guarantee to interview with hiring companies
- Safe hands-on simulator learning with on the job experiences
- Experience a variety of on-the-job circumstances and equipment
- Experienced instructors
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Training program endorsed by the Heavy Construction Contractors Association
Students Gain Real-World Skills
Students gain real-world skills they need to operate heavy equipment safely. As a well-trained operator, they can dramatically improve machine productivity saving time and money. Our simulator training reproduces real excavator and loader behavior in realistic worksites. Watch below to learn more.
Guarantee to Interview
Upon successful completion of the Heavy Equipment Operator Training Program, individuals not currently employed in this field will be guaranteed an interview with HR personnel from several local construction companies.*
- Total Development Solutions, LLC
- The Anderson Company, LLC
- S.W. Rodgers Company, Inc.
- Superior Paving Corp.
- Shirley Contracting Company, LLC
- The Kauffman Group, Inc.
- William A. Hazel, Inc.
- Perry Engineering Company, Inc.
- Branch Civil, Inc.
- Wagman Heavy Civil, Inc.
- Atlantic Contracting & Material Company, Inc.
- Finley Asphalt and Concrete, Inc.
- Phillips Construction, LLC
- Muller Erosion & Site Services, Inc.
*Guaranteed interviews are based on those companies actively recruiting new hires.
Our “guarantee to interview” opportunities with premier local employers are not only a great foot-in-the-door for successful students, but most of these employers also offer additional training for students/employees once they are onboard at their organization.
Student and Employer Success
There’s nothing like a hard day’s work, and for Jason and Colin, that work involves heavy machinery to help build Virginia’s infrastructure. Jason and Colin are Heavy Equipment Operator FastForward graduates, and they’re currently working as heavy equipment operators for S.W. Rodgers in Northern Virginia.
View current job postings, local salary and job market information here >>>
Heavy Equipment Operator Level 1
Fast-Track Career Training Program
This class serves as the first level of training in the Heavy Equipment Operator program. Students will learn the following content: orientation to the trade, heavy equipment safety, identification of heavy equipment, basic operational techniques, utility tractors, introduction to earthmoving, grades, and interpreting civil drawings.
Heavy Equipment Operator Level 2
Fast-Track Career Training Program
This class serves as the second level of training in the Heavy Equipment Operator program. Students will learn the following content: Introduction to the heavy highway trade, trucks, heavy equipment, cranes, and forklifts, below grade construction, earth moving, plant operations, paving, structures, and site work.
Download the Heavy Equipment Operator Career Guide to Learn More
FastForward Credential Funding, Financial Assistance, Grant Funding, and Sallie Mae Loans available for eligible students. Learn more about our Funding Options.