Re-Employing Virginians (REV)
REV Up Your Career
One-time funding to Re-Employ Virginians by covering the costs of tuition and fees!
Through the Re-Employing Virginians (REV) campaign, the governor’s office is giving Virginia’s Community Colleges $27 million to help current and future students cover the costs of tuition and fees in fields that will lead to careers in their community.
We can help thousands of Virginians. Are you one of them?
Virginians who meet the eligibility requirements should contact their local community college. After filling out this form, you will be contacted by a local navigator who can help you claim a voucher and enroll in a program that can give you the skills and education you need to succeed in a career in a high-demand field.
UP TO $1,500
- Industry Credential and Workforce Training, Part-Time Associate Degree, or Career Studies Certificate
UP TO $3,000
- Full – Time Applied Associate Degree or Career Studies Certificate (12-credits or more)
To qualify for a REV Training Voucher to enroll in a high-demand workforce education program at a Virginia Community College, an individual must certify that they meet one of the following criteria:
- A Virginian who lost their job due to COVID-19 and received state unemployment benefits on or after August 1, 2020, or
- A Virginian who lost a full-time job because COVID-19 caused their place of employment to close or reduce staffing, and who is now working in a part-time job that pays less than $15 per hour. (Individuals who resigned from full-time employment to care for sick relatives or stay home with school-age children are not eligible for these training vouchers but may be eligible for other financial assistance.)
If you’d like to learn more details, read through our frequently asked questions.
Steps to Register for Industry Credential and Workforce Training Programs
If you meet the requirements above, then you’re on your way to getting your next semester or career training paid for. To take advantage of this one-time-only opportunity, follow these next steps:
- Select the program of choice from below
- By choosing workforce training, you’ll receive a voucher up to $1,500 applied to your student account.
- Complete the necessary forms
- Enroll by Dec. 21, 2021, by contacting our registration team to receive further instructions by phone at 540-868-7021.
Want someone to contact you? Complete the online form to receive information with additional instructions.
Eligible Industry Credential and Workforce Training Programs
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- CompTIA A+ Prep & Certification
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals Prep & Certification
- CompTIA Linux+ Prep & Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Prep & Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Prep & Certification
- Construction Project Management
- Electrical Level 1 Apprenticeship
- Electrical Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Electrical Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Electrical Level 4 Apprenticeship
- Heavy Equipment Operator Level 1
- Heavy Equipment Operator Level 1 – Online Hybrid
- HVAC Level 1 Apprenticeship
- HVAC Level 2 Apprenticeship
- HVAC Level 3 Apprenticeship
- HVAC Level 4 Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Level 1 Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Plumbing Level 4 Apprenticeship
- Medical Assistant (CCMA) Program
- Medical Scribe
- Medication Aide
- Nurse Aide Program (CNA)
- Patient Service Representative Program (PSR) (CMAA)
- Phlebotomy Technician Program
Eligible Applied Associate Degrees or Career Studies Certificates
- If you wish to enroll in a career studies certificate or an associate degree, visit the LFCC main site. You’ll receive a voucher for up to $1,500 for part-time or up to $3,000 for full-time – applied to your student account.
New to REV? Here are Your Next steps
If you meet the requirements above, then you’re on your way to getting your next semester or career training paid for. To take advantage of this one-time-only opportunity, follow these four steps.
- Fill out the form to connect with staff member at LFCC.
- Certify that you’re eligible to receive an REV voucher.
- Plan your courses with a navigator and determine your REV funding.
- If you choose short-term workforce training, you’ll receive up to a $1,500 voucher applied to your student account.
- If you choose classes for a career studies certificate or an associate degree, you’ll receive up to $1,500 for part-time or up to $3,000 for full-time – both applied directly to your student account.
- Enroll by Dec. 21, 2020.