Wind Energy Professional
Short Description: The availability of clean, renewable power is without question going to be the defining challenge and goal of the 21st century, and wind will lead the way. Wind power can realistically not only replace the lion’s share of oil, coal, and natural gas fired electrical plants in the U.S., but also can add enough extra power capacity to allow for most of the cars in the nation to run on electricity.
This Wind Energy Professional course is designed specifically with technicians in mind! Our course covers all aspects of installing and troubleshooting wind turbines, giving technicians the knowledge they need to handle even complex maintenance tasks. This course explains how wind turbine blades harvest wind energy, and how generators convert shaft turning energy into electricity. It shows how electrical and hydraulic systems control the speed of wind turbine blades, energizing blade pitch and yaw position controls. Mechanical subjects such as gears, transmissions and gearboxes are discussed in detail.
Some additional course features include:
• Comprehensive, in-depth coverage—including wind turbine installation and troubleshooting, towers, blades, generators, control, and much more
• History, background, trends, and demand projections—Provides the context needed to understand the growing role of wind energy
• Coverage of all parts of vertical and horizontal wind turbines—including small, medium, and large wind turbines
• Essential electrical coverage—including basic electricity theory, magnetism, motors, generators, PLC controls, and the electrical grid
• Extensive discussion of mechanical topics
• Towers, tower designs, and safety- walks through the advantages and disadvantages of each type of tower, discusses the principles of safe tower design and construction, and explains nacelle installation
• Integration of wind-generated electricity into the grid
Instructor Description: Though this program is a self-paced program it is supported by an educational mentor. Educational mentors are subject matter experts who have years of experience in their field as well as the necessary educational training and credentials to work as an expert. The mentor is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Mentors also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement. In eLearning, motivation is a key tool to success. Because of this, mentors provide encouraging comments, feedback, and coaching to motivate learners throughout the duration of the program to support completion and success!