Web Design Professional Certification Program
Short Description: If you’re curious about web design and want to pursue it professionally, then this course will provide you with all the necessary skills required to thrive in the industry. It is a web design certification course targeted at entry-level professionals.
What will you learn from this program?
In this comprehensive professional certification program, you’ll learn the following things:
• Fundamental components of Adobe Creative Cloud.
• You’ll learn how to use design elements in InDesign and Illustrator.
• Organizing and managing your files using Adobe Bridge.
• Creating, using, and editing PDFs using Acrobat.
• Basics of website design.
• Basics of developing HTML5 standard sites to meet user needs.
• Writing thoroughly documented websites.
• Creating and preparing websites to “Go Live.”
What to expect after finishing the program?
This web design certification course will equip you with experience using real-world projects, and you will build a compelling portfolio that will give you access to this fascinating industry. At the end of this program you’ll be proficient in:
• Key industry and design concepts, including design aesthetics, wire frames, video and imagers, color, and writing for the web.
• Design and technical skills needed to change a concept into a final product.
• Creating a project plan, along with designing and developing quality websites accordingly.
• Understanding of future trends and workplace Ethics.
Instructor Description: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
Certification: The Web Professionals Certified Web Designer Apprentice (CWDSA-apprentice) examination measures fundamental competencies for aspiring or practicing Web Designers. The examinee must demonstrate basic knowledge of Internet concepts, HTML5, CSS3 and WYSIWYG (visual) editors, Web graphics, Web multimedia, Web site design, Web site management, and basic legal issues at the standard defined by this test specification. The skills and knowledge measured by this examination are derived from an industry-wide and worldwide job task analysis which was validated through a survey of hundreds of designers. The results of the survey were used in weighting the domains and ensuring that the weighting is representative of the relative importance of that content to the job requirements of a Certified Web Designer Apprentice. The intent is to certify individuals in a body of knowledge that is identified and accepted as the baseline or foundation of any Web Designer.
The exam contains 70 questions. Examinees have 60 minutes to complete the exam. The exam is currently only available in English and available at testing centers throughout the U.S.
Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.