Certified Information Systems Auditor with Intro to Security
Short Description: This intensive assessment-rich certification course is ideal for experienced IT professionals. It introduces you to Information Security Management as well as Cyber Security procedures. The course includes CompTIA Security + practice lab, which will allow you to practice the covered material using real-world equipment in a safe environment.
This course is an introductory Cyber Security program and also provides complete training in Information Systems Auditing.
After successfully completing this course, you will know:
• How to manage the audit function using ISACA IT audit and assurance standards and guidelines
• How to perform risk analysis and set up internal controls
• How to set up and control self-assessment
• How to deal with corporate governance in IT monitoring and assurance
• How to manage IT investment and allocation practices, security policies, and procedures
• How to use the proper risk management and IS management practices
• How to best audit IT governance structure and implementations
• How to create business continuity plans
• How to deal with Information Systems acquisition, development, and implementation
• How to work with business application systems
• How to set up and test Information Systems maintenance practices
• How to manage system development tools and productivity aids
• How to identify the information systems (IS) audit process and corporate organizational structure
• How to set up and use ISS policies and procedures
• How to set up and maintain IT recovery strategies
Instructor Description: Though this program is a self-paced program it is supported by an educational mentor. Educational mentors are subject matter experts who have years of experience in their field as well as the necessary educational training and credentials to work as an expert. The mentor is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Mentors also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement. In eLearning, motivation is a key tool to success. Because of this, mentors provide encouraging comments, feedback, and coaching to motivate learners throughout the duration of the program to support completion and success!
Certification: The CISA designation is a globally recognized certification for IS audit control, assurance and security professionals. Being CISA-certified showcases your audit experience, skills and knowledge, and demonstrates you are capable to assess vulnerabilities, report on compliance and institute controls within the enterprise. Once a CISA candidate has passed the CISA certification exam and has met the work experience requirements, the final step is to complete and submit a CISA Application for Certification. A minimum of 5 years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience (as described in the CISA job practice areas) is required for certification. It is important to note that many individuals choose to take the CISA exam prior to meeting the experience requirements. This practice is acceptable and encouraged although the CISA designation will not be awarded until all requirements are met. The work experience for CISA certification must be gained within the 10-year period preceding the application date for certification or within 5 years from the date of originally passing the exam. The CISA Application for Certification is available at www.isaca.org/cisaapp. Note that candidates have 5 years from the passing date to apply for certification.
Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.