Business Information Systems Professional
Short Description: In this course, you’ll learn about the fundamentals of business information systems and connectivity. The course is multimedia-rich and ideal for entry-level IT professionals. It covers the intricacies and uses of information technology from a business enterprise perspective.
The course provides you with an in-depth understanding of information systems and their extensive use in enhancing productivity in management practices. It explains how information systems are used to solve problems and make better business decisions.
After you complete the course, you will be able to:
• Analyze the purpose, components, and issues related to standard business information systems
• Understand the impact of business processes and information systems on an organization
• Explain the factors that influence the choice of information systems for a particular organization
• Describe how databases are used in businesses
• Compare different methodologies for information systems development
• Evaluate various functional systems
• Explain fundamental communication and networking concepts
• Explain how the Internet impacts the way organizations use information systems
• Evaluate the information systems needed to support e-commerce
• Analyze the roles and responsibilities associated with information systems management
• Explain how businesses manage ethical considerations concerning information systems
• Understand the need and use of cybersecurity
• Describe how an organization can protect its data against various information system threats
Instructor Description: Though this program is a self-paced program it is supported by an educational mentor. Educational mentors are subject matter experts who have years of experience in their field as well as the necessary educational training and credentials to work as an expert. The mentor is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Mentors also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement. In eLearning, motivation is a key tool to success. Because of this, mentors provide encouraging comments, feedback, and coaching to motivate learners throughout the duration of the program to support completion and success!