Short Description: The activity director program is designed for individuals interested in pursuing a career in senior care and the existing employees at senior nursing homes. This multi-media rich course will prepare you to take on the role of the activity director.
This program introduces the students to:
• Gerontology in a way that allows you to understand how to work with seniors.
• An empathetic approach to the lives of older people.
• The complex issues of social gerontology and aging by using a life course perspective that views aging as an unfolding and dynamic process.
• The conceptual and practical focus that will enable you to understand the aging process
• Connections between social definitions of age and the perspectives of seniors.
During this course, you’ll learn how to:
• Comprehend the role of the activity professional in adult care
• Identify methods for person-centered activity programming
• Identify the steps to assess, document, and prepare treatment plans
• Define methods for quality assurance and time management
• Identify the steps in planning and implementing a successful exercise program
After completing the activity director training program, you’ll have all the necessary skills to qualify as an activity professional or a home health aide in long-term care facilities, assisted living communities, and adult day care programs.
Instructor Description: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.