COVID 19 Safety Guidelines
UPDATE: Effective August 9th, LFCC will require a face covering while indoors regardless of vaccination status at all facilities owned or leased by the college. The face-covering requirement includes students, faculty, and staff. Face coverings will be required in common areas and in classrooms. Exceptions: when eating or in a private room/office space.
The health and well-being of our students, instructors, and staff is a top priority. The purpose of these expectations is to give you guidelines and directions for your class as we return to campus under very unusual circumstances. It is imperative we follow very specific guidelines until such time as the Pandemic ends. Please view the student agreement and instructor guideline documents and videos below.
COVID 19 Student Expectations
Students agree to the following conditions to return to class:
- I will not come to class sick or stay if I feel sick, regardless of symptoms. I will contact my instructor so that he/she is aware and can make instructional accommodations if necessary. I will stay in touch regularly with my instructor until I return to class. If he/she has not provided me with contact information, I will ask or contact the Workforce Solutions office;
- I will not come to class if I have been exposed to someone with COVID 19 or traveled to an area with a high incidence COVID 19. I will quarantine per CDC guidelines. I will not come back to class until I have quarantined for a minimum of 14 days. I will contact my instructor so that he/she is aware and may make instructional accommodations if appropriate, until I return to class;
- If after attending a class, I find out that I was exposed to someone with COVID 19 outside of class, I will contact my instructor immediately and quarantine per CDC guidelines. I will not come back to class until I have quarantined for at least 14 days. My instructor may make instructional accommodations if appropriate. I will stay in touch with my instructor until I return to class;
- If I am diagnosed with COVID 19 I will not come to class. If I recently attended class, I will advise my instructor immediately of my diagnosis. I will stay in touch with my instructor as I am able. I will not return to class until (1) a doctor/health professional verifies I have fully recovered OR I am 14-days post-diagnosis and symptom-free and (2) contact the Workforce Solutions office prior to returning.
- I will practice Social/Physical Distancing and will not congregate before, during, and after class, as well as during breaks. I will not loiter or socialize on campus and will leave the campus when not engaged in active course-related activity;
- Regardless of vaccination status, I will wear a protective face covering (mask) to all in-person classes. This will be required for class admission until such time as I am directed to discontinue. Other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required by the college or by my instructor. Failure to wear a face covering and required PPE while on campus may result in being asked to leave as well as possible dismissal from class;
- I will be prepared if this in-person class is moved online. In the event of a new outbreak or change in state guidelines, I understand it is possible my class may be moved online, fully or partially. I understand that if my class is moved online, I will need access to technology and internet with as little as 24 hours’ notice; and,
- RECOMMENDATION: I should sign up for the LFCC Alert so that I will receive school-wide bulletins and update TEXTS/EMAILS not only about closing, but other emergency information I should know. For the latest emergency closing information, please sign up for LFCC Alert by texting lfccalert (all one word) to 226787 or visiting http://alert.lfcc.edu.
The College will do the following:
- Maintain a commitment to keeping educational interruptions to a minimum and helping students stay on track to complete their programs of study;
- Initiate steps to mitigate the risk and of transmission including thorough cleaning and disinfecting of classroom/lab areas at the conclusion of classes;
- Provide regular cleaning/disinfecting of common areas such as water fountains and restrooms;
- Quickly respond to student concerns and/or questions as they may arise, and;
- Adapt, adjust, or change procedures or polices to adhere to CDC, state, or federal policy/guidelines.
Student Safety Guidelines Video
Instructor Guidance for Student Concerns Video