KIDS COLLEGE Youth Summer Camps
We are Preparing Kids for Tomorrow
Kids Just Think It’s Cool
LFCC Workforce Solutions has partnered with industry experts to bring unique enrichment and educational programs to children and young adults. Our distinct programs in Career Exploration, Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM), and Digital Arts focus on the intersection of creativity and technology. Each course emphasizes self-empowerment, cognitive reasoning, and divergent thinking through hands-on learning. Our mission is to help ignite, unleash, and enhance these distinct talents. Children, learn by doing–by nature, they love to experiment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Courses are divided into age groups.
- Courses available for students age 7-14 (13-17 for Into to Welding).
- Any student interested in gaming, computers, programming, and design.
- We have a wide variety of the most popular camps to cover any interest.
Career Exploration Camps
Our Career Exploration camps are a great way to get introduced to various career paths you might be interested in pursuing down the road. These camps will provide hands-on, real-life training in areas specifically targeted in the field of Trades, Healthcare, Media, and Culinary Arts. It’s never too early to start exploring!
Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) are common words spread among all areas of Education. Our STEAM camps provide all aspects learning needed to be successful in and out of the classroom. These camps offer a wide variety of engaging curricula that will capture any area of interest.
Digital Arts Camps
So much of what we do involves digital technology in some way, shape, or form. The Digital Arts camps will provide a gateway to various aspects of the digital world, from coding to programming to creating your own app. You don’t want to miss these wonderful opportunities to learn the wonderful world of Digital Arts.
- Summer – June through August
- Most weeks include 2 sessions available per week
- Morning 9 AM – 12 PM Daily (M-Thu or M-Fri)
- Afternoon 1 PM – 4 PM Daily (M-Thu or M-Fri)
- Camp offerings and locations vary. Available 2018 locations:
- LFCC Middletown Campus
- LFCC Fauquier Campus
- LFCC Luray-Page County Center
- LFCC Vint Hill Site
- Boys and Girls Club of Fauquier
- Dickey Ridge Visitors Center
- Camp Camelia Tree Farm
- Blue Ridge Tech Center
Top 5 Reasons Why Your Child Should Attend KIDS COLLEGE Youth Summer Camps
- Discover talents and passions they didn’t know existed.
- Have FUN while learning!
- Gain skills they will need in an increasingly technologically-driven global society.
- Be inspired by tomorrow’s technology
- Meet other kids that have similar interests.
Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up Option at Middletown Campus
$15 per child, per week for supervision during 12 pm -1 pm. Sign up for an AM and a PM camp session in the same week and get the supervision fee waived. Lunch will not be provided. Please bring your own lunch.
College 4 Youth Scholarship
The “College 4 Youth Scholarship” at Lord Fairfax Community College was funded by the late Mrs. Nancy Crosby in 2004 to provide children an opportunity to attend and learn at the College through various camps. These funds may be used to cover the tuition of the camps. A variety of camps are held for children ages 7-14. Parents and/or Guardians may apply for funds on an ongoing basis for a child to attend a camp. Funds will not be issued to parents and/or guardians but instead will be issued directly to the college.
Scholarship Update Jun 4, 2018 – The College 4 Youth Scholarship funds have been depleted for the 2018 youth camp season. The scholarship will return in 2019.