Creative Science and Digital Arts Summer Camps
We are preparing kids for tomorrow. Kids just think it’s cool. LFCC Workforce Solutions has partnered with industry experts to bring unique enrichment and educational programs to children and young adults. Our distinct programs in Creative Sciences (STEM) and Digital Arts focus on the intersection of creativity and technology. Each course emphasizes self-empowerment, cognitive reasoning, and divergent thinking through hands-on learning. Our mission is to help ignite, unleash, and enhance these distinct talents. Children, learn by doing–by nature, they love to experiment. Students will work on their projects in class and on the computer while being able to upload their work to a website where each student and parent will have access. Monitor their progress, make comments and enjoy the program!
Top 5 Reasons why your child should attend
Digital Arts Camps:
- Discover talents and passions they didn’t know existed.
- Have FUN while learning!
- Gain skills they will need in an increasingly technologically-driven global society.
- Be inspired by tomorrow’s technology
- Meet other kids that have similar interests.
Summer – June through August
- 9:00 – Noon Daily for one week
- 1:00 – 4:00 Daily for one week
Multiple Locations to choose from in 2017:
LFCC Middletown Campus, LFCC Vint Hill Site, LFCC Luray-Page Co. Center, LFCC Fauquier Campus, and Warren County High School
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Courses are divided into age groups.
- Courses available for students age 7-14.
- Any student interested in gaming, computers, programming and design.
- We have a wide variety of the most popular classes to cover any interest.
Update 5/16/2017: The College 4 Youth Scholarship Funds have been depleted for the summer of 2017. We anticipate this scholarship returning for 2018.
College 4 Youth Scholarship
The “College 4 Youth Scholarship” at Lord Fairfax Community College was funded by the late Mrs. Nancy Crosby in 2004 to provide children an opportunity to attend and learn at the College through various camps. These funds may be used to cover the tuition of the camps. A variety of camps are held for children ages 7-14. Parents and/or Guardians may apply for funds on an ongoing basis for a child to attend a camp. Funds will not be issued to parents and/or guardians but instead will be issued directly to the college.
Criteria to be eligible for the scholarship, student must:
- Meet the age requirements of the desired camp; and
- Be in a family with a household income of less than $50,000.
- Live in the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, Warren, or the City of Winchester.