Professional Administrative Certification of Excellence (PACE)
American Society of Administrative Professionals (ASAP)
Administrative Professionals in today’s business world have stepped into the responsibilities previously associated with middle management. They are executive assistants, office managers, paralegals, program analysts, benefits administrators, meeting and event planners, and supervisors. Being an Administrative Professional is more than your job, it’s your profession, and that’s why getting PACE Certified is an important step forward in your career.
PACE is an accreditation that tests the breadth of your professional knowledge and qualifies you to proudly place the PACE designation after your signature.
The four modules are presented in an adult-friendly format, and all course materials and assessment exams are included in the tuition cost. With the guidance of our expert instructors and the complete course materials, you will explore topics that are critical to getting ahead and staying ahead in today’s global environment.
- A digital copy of the comprehensive study guide
- On-demand training videos for each module
- Sample PACE exam questions
- Students will have up to three opportunities to pass the final exam
- Keep track of your CEUs with online tools
- Re-certify every 2 years
The PACE Curriculum is organized into four (4) proficiency modules:
- Interpersonal Communication
- Working with others
- Persuasion and influence
- Written Communications
- Confidentiality and Ethics
- Task and Project Management
- Module overview – task vs. project
- Task processing strategies
- Time management
- Event and meeting management
- Travel management
- Email management
- Workspace management
- Computer and Internet Technology
- Digital Literacy for Professional Administrators
- Understanding hardware, software, operating systems
- Business productivity tools
- Digital research
- Business digital communication
- Security and the connected computer
- Management Skills
- Vision, mission, and values
- Getting to know your staff
- Managing teams
- Performance Management
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and decision making
Tonya Thornhill started with Lord Fairfax Community College, Workforce Solutions in 2013 as a Work Study. Since then, she has grown and developed in her role as an administrative professional. Tonya holds an Associate’s Degree in Administrative Support Technology, Certificates in Medical Billing and Coding along with Medical Transcription. She also holds her LERN and PACE certifications. She has worn many hats along her journey from maintenance to management. Tonya is enthusiastic to share her love for the Administrative Profession with you.
There are no prerequisites to enroll in this program. Benefits of enrolling in this course include:
- Learning from experienced instructors who present the curriculum in an adult-friendly and easy to understand format.
- A learning environment that is structured to keep busy professionals on schedule and on goal.
- Opportunity to expand your professional network in a classroom environment