Get the IT Skills You WANT and Employers NEED
Get IT Certified
Show you can support wired and wireless networks across vendors and platforms. With CompTIA certification in hand, you’ll be what they’re looking for!
CompTIA IT Fundamentals Prep and Certification
This course is a great first step to a career in IT. Aimed to help students earn CompTIA IT Fundamentals Certification, this course covers hardware, software, networking, and cybersecurity topics. The IT Fundamentals Certification shows employers that you are comfortable with IT concepts and is a great starting point for more advanced certifications. Exam and materials are included.
CompTIA A+ Prep and Certification
CompTIA A+ is the preferred performance-based qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. A+ certified professionals identify issues and problem solve more effectively than those without certification. CompTIA A+ supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used. In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, candidates must pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) Successful candidates will have the knowledge of Hardware and Infrastructure, Security, Ops and Service, Software, and Data. Prerequisite: IT Fundamentals Certification or 9-12 months experience in Hardware and Software.
- Credit for Prior Learning: Comp TIA A+: ITN 106 (Microcomputer Operating Systems) and ITN 107 (Personal Computer Hardware and Troubleshooting). See Credit for Prior Learning below for more information.
CompTIA Network+ Prep and Certification
In this course, we will cover the Network + exam objectives from the follow-
ing five domains Network Architecture, Network Operations, Network Security, Troubleshooting, and Industry Standards. With this highly interactive course, you will learn the essentials needed to successfully pass the CompTIA Network + Exam. You will concentrate on the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common wired and wireless network devices. In addition, the following skills will be covered in preparation, defining the appropriate cabling and device technologies, determining the network troubleshooting methodology and appropriate tools, and examining physical security and common attacks while securing wired and wireless networks. Exam and materials are included. Prerequisite: CompTIA A+ Certification.
- Credit for Prior Learning: Comp TIA Net+: ITN 101 (Introduction to Network Concepts) NOTE: Network + certification (ITN 101) cannot be substituted for any other courses in cyber or IST. See Credit for Prior Learning below for more information.
CompTIA Security+ Prep and Certification NEW
This course is the primary curriculum you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, devices, and traffic in your organization. Today’s job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security- related role. During this class, you will be able to Identify the fundamental components of information security, Analyze risk, Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities, Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization, plus much more. Materials and Exam included.
“As soon as I got that CompTIA A+ on my resume, I got all kinds of job offers. The doors just flew wide open.” – Wendy Howard, IT Engineer, St. Charles Health System
Additional Courses Coming Soon
- Infrastructure Pathway
- CompTIA Linux+ (Coming Fall 2019)
- CompTIA Server+ (Coming Fall 2019)
- CompTIA Cloud+ (Coming Fall 2019)
- Cyber Security Pathway
- CompTIA PenTest+ (Coming Fall 2019)
- CompTIA CySA+ (Coming Spring 2020)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) (Coming Spring 2020)
- Network and Cloud Technologies
- Certified Solutions Architect- Associate (Coming Soon)
- Hardware, Services, and Infrastructure Pathway
- ITIL Foundations
- ITIL Intermediate (Coming Spring 2020)
- ITIL Expert (Coming Spring 2020)
- ITIL Master (Coming Summer 2020)
Credit for Prior Learning
LFCC awards transfer credit to those who have successfully completed the following exams within five (5) years of receiving course credit equivalent:
- Comp TIA Net+: ITN 101 (Introduction to Network Concepts) NOTE: Network + certification (ITN 101) cannot be substituted for any other courses in cyber or IST
- Comp TIA A+: ITN 106 (Microcomputer Operating Systems) and ITN 107 (Personal Computer Hardware and Troubleshooting)
- Comp TIA Linux+: ITN 170 (Linux System Administration)