Certified Personal Trainers are increasingly in demand locally and can be a great career for anyone with a passion for fitness! Personal Trainers instruct and motivate individuals or groups in exercise activities, including cardiovascular exercises, strength training, and stretching. You would work with people of all ages and skill levels. This hands-on class will give you the tools you need to be successful in the field.
Take this course to prepare for the Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) certification through the National Federation of Professional Trainers. This class will include lectures and lab times along with books and a testing voucher. The lab times will be held at Body Renew in Winchester on 3 Saturdays. While there are many employment opportunities, Body Renew will give a guaranteed interview if you earn this credential. There’s truly no substitute for learning straight from an employer in the industry!
Certified Personal Trainer, CPT, is the title and accompanying acronym used in the personal fitness training industry for an individual who has been appropriately assessed by a national certifying organization, successfully demonstrating the necessary skill sets of the certified personal trainer by way of the respective assessment. Certified Personal Trainers can work with clients individually or in group settings to assist clients with meeting their fitness goals.
- Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants’ capabilities and limitations.
- Evaluate individuals’ abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
- Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Monitor participants’ progress and adapt programs as needed.
- Instruct participants in maintaining exertion levels to maximize benefits from exercise routines.
- Maintain equipment inventories, and select, store, or issue equipment as needed.
- Promote health clubs through membership sales, and record member information.
- Median wages (2017) $18.85 hourly, $39,210 annual
- Employment (2016) 299,000 employees
- Projected growth (2016-2026) Faster than average (10% to 14%) Faster than average (10% to 14%)
- Projected job openings (2016-2026) 55,000
Guarantee to Interview
Body Renew Fitness will guarantee an interview to anyone who successfully completes the class and earns their certification.