Which IT Pathway Will You Choose?
At LFCC Workforce Solutions, we don’t just offer job training, we offer complete career pathways for you to choose from. Our workforce coaches work with you to help you design a pathway for your future and provide an overall career outlook using real-time industry and employment data in the regions that are important to you. Continue reading IT Pathways
This is original written content from the Prince William County Virginia (www.pwcgov.org) website. The views, thoughts, and opinions reflected in this content are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect any official policy or position of Lord Fairfax Community College or LFCC Workforce Solutions. See original story here.
Continue reading Work Release Inmates Receive Training to Operate Heavy Equipment
Use Our Convenient Online System to Self-Register
Follow these steps to register
NOTE: Tuition payment is required at the time of registration.
1. Click the “View Courses & Register” button above to enter the registration area.
2. In the registration area, click the “Login/Create Account” link at the top of the page.
- New students: If this is your first time taking classes through the LFCC Workforce Solutions, select “Create a New Profile” to create your user account.
- Returning students: If you are a returning Workforce student, enter your username and password to sign in to your user account.
3. Once you have logged in, browse the courses, place the course into your shopping cart, and check out.
4. If the program you chose is a part of the FastForward funding, you will be asked some simple questions to determine eligibility based on your domicile. If you are approved based on your answers, the discount will be applied to your shopping cart when checking out.
5. Tuition is due at the time of registration. There are three ways to pay:
- Online: Debit or credit cards are accepted.
- Phone: Debit or credit cards are accepted. Please call 540-868-7021.
- In-Person: Check, debit or credit cards are accepted.
Middletown Campus: 173 Skirmisher Lane, Middletown VA, 22645. Monday – Thursday 8 AM – 5 PM and Friday 8 AM – 2 PM. Saturday/Sunday – Closed
Fauquier Campus: 6480 College Street, Warrenton, VA 20187. Monday – Thursday 8 AM – 4:30 PM and Friday 8 AM – 2 PM. Saturday/Sunday – Closed
Need funding assistance?
To see if you qualify for FANTIC, COVID-19 relief, or other state or local funding, please call 540-868-7021 before registering.
Is an employer paying your tuition?
If an employer is paying for your tuition, they may download the Authorization to Bill form so that they may be invoiced by LFCC Workforce Solutions.
Still need assistance?
Please reach out to us!
Start or Enhance Skills in Carpentry
Carpenters make up the largest building trades occupation in the industry and those with all-around skills are in high demand.
Carpenters are involved in many different kinds of construction activities, from building highways and bridges to installing kitchen cabinets. Carpenters construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures made from wood and other materials.
Explore Carpentry Jobs and Career Outlook
Locally and regionally carpenters are in high demand due to the growth of commercial and residential construction within our region. To see live job tasks and duties including live job postings, click here >>>
In partnership with Genesis Home Improvement, LLC, Lord Fairfax Community College Workforce Solutions offers carpentry training for individuals and organizations. The result of nearly three years of research and development lead to an industry-supported corporate training program that includes the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCR) Carpentry Level 1 and Core Craft Skills credentials with grant-funded tuition assistance. Training offered serves as the first level of carpentry training
Carpentry Level 1
This class serves as the first level of training in the Carpentry craft. Structured as a hybrid class, a combination of on-line training and live classroom/lab training, students learn the following content: Core Curriculum; Basic Safety; Intro to Construction Math; Intro to Hand Tools; Intro to Power Tools; Intro to Construction Drawings; Basic Comm. Skills; Employability Skills; Introduction to the Carpentry Profession; Building Materials, Floor Systems, Wall Systems, Ceiling Joist and Roof Framing, Intro to Building Envelope Systems and Basic Stair Layout. Two Textbooks, Online Access Code, and all materials are included.
Computer and internet access required for hybrid class.
Carpentry Level 1 is eligible for FastForward Grant Funding and FANTIC financial assistance that could potentially cover 100% of tuition for eligible Virginia residents. Learn more about FastForward here >>>
We’ll let you know about our upcoming courses. Complete this short form.
Corporate Training Contact
Director of Corporate Training
Corporate Training; Workforce Director, Fauquier Campus
Thanks to an investment from Mrs. Barbara J. Byrd, which was matched by the Virginia Foundation for Community College Education, Clarke County residents enrolled in LFCC Workforce Solutions programs are invited to apply for a scholarship. Limited funds are available, and the amount of the scholarship will vary. Residents of Clarke County seeking financial assistance for career training programs and educational resources may contact Sherry Pinto, [email protected].
There are also technology grants and emergency funds available to assist LFCC students from Clarke County who demonstrate need. Contact Sherry Pinto for more information.
A resident of Clarke County since childhood, Mrs. Byrd was a teacher for 9 years and represented the Russell district on the Clarke County Board of Supervisors for 20 years, becoming the first woman elected to the Board. She has seen firsthand the challenges faced by students and residents of Clarke County in pursuing higher education. The goal of this scholarship is to help increase educational attainment levels in Clarke County. According to Mrs. Byrd: “Whether it is a vocational/technical education, a 2-year college, or a 4-year university, motivated individuals should be given the opportunity to advance their lives in a positive way.”
LFCC Workforce Solutions offers coaching towards workforce and professional development training programs, certificate and degree programs offered at the college. Career training opportunities include individual classes and programs to increase skill set and sharpen skills in a quest to start a career or a career change. Programs available include a series of fast-track career training that earn you industry-recognized credentials and skills for jobs in high-demand fields.
Programs are Developed for People Who Are:
- Starting a career or new to the workforce
- Employed at a job below their potential and looking for advancement
- Individuals looking to make a career change or opportunity for promotion
We Can Provide Career Help With:
How Does It Work?
Many of these programs have grant sources that can help qualified individuals secure funds for training. Let our Workforce Coach help you get started.
- Learn about Fast-Track Career Training Programs that can earn you a credential
- Learn about occupations, earnings, and job demand for these programs
- Determine if grant funding or financial assistance can help you pay for your program
- Helpful staff will work with you to schedule intake assessments and applications
Contact Our Workforce Coach
Complete this short form to tell us about your interests and goals.
Advising/Coaching on Workforce Training Programs