Need Career Help?
LFCC Workforce Solutions offers career coaching towards workforce and professional development training programs offered at the college. Career training opportunities include individual classes and programs to increase skill set and sharpen skills in a quest for a new job or a career changer program that includes a series of fast track “boot camp” training classes that earn you industry-recognized credentials and skills for jobs in high-demand fields.
PROGRAMS ARE DEVELOPED FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE:
- Employed at a job below their potential and looking for advancement
- Individuals looking to make a career change
- Career Assessments
- Career Planning/Coaching
- Selecting a Program of Study
- Funding Options
HOW IT WORKS? Many of these programs have grant sources which can help qualified individuals secure funds for training. Let our Career Coach help you get started. Click “Career Changer Programs” to the right to get more information.
- Learn about Fast Track programs that earn you credentials
- Learn about the occupations, earnings, and job demand for these programs
- Determine if grant funding can help you pay for the program
- Helpful staff will work with you to schedule intake assessments and applications
Information about Occupations: http://www.careerinfonet.org
Workforce Job Center: http://www.valleyworkforce.com/centers.html
Virginia Employment Commission (VEC): http://www.vec.virginia.gov/vecportal/field/field_offices.cfm/fldoffice/39